Oatmeal Cups – Gluten Free and Vegan
These cute little breakfast treats are very easy to make and keep well in the fridge for the work week. The great thing about these cups is that you can mix up the ingredients based on your preferences. This recipe is a berry almond oatmeal cup but feel free to switch things up and experiment with the flavours.
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I use Only Oats, which is available on Amazon.ca)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almond
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin with vegan margarine or olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop one scoop of batter into each muffin cup, making sure to add an even amount of liquid to each scoop (the milk tends to separate from the batter easily so mix again after each scoop).
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until tops of oatmeal cups are golden.
- Let cups sit for about 10 minutes. Use a knife to glide around each cup and gently lift out of the tin. Place cups on rack to completely cool.
- Once cool, place leftovers in and airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for 2 – 3 months.